GRAD Engineering LLC
Power Line FilterAids in error free data in all three bands. Unlike most filters designed only for the 120kHz X-10 band.
Why a Power Line Filter?There are many methods of sending data down the power wires in your house or business. · X-10 uses 120kHz tones synchronized with the 50 or 60Hz power.
· Power Lime Modem 100kHz to 400kHz
· Ethernet Power-Line Bridge 4.3 to 20.9mHzThe following lists of devices are likely to interfere with data signals.
Noisemakers (Devices that put out noise onto the electrical line)· HID lighting
· Motors: Refrigerator, heating systems, pumps, attic fans, treadmills
· Microwave Ovens
· Transformer-based lighting that use solid-state (electronic) transformers
· Fluorescent-based lighting and ballast transformers
· Other Transformers: Cell phone chargers, Toothbrush chargers, Razors, etc.Signal Absorbers (Devices that absorb data signals ) · Televisions, Computers Computer monitors, Laptop computer power supplies,
· Ozone/Air ionizers and filters
· Game Systems: Nintendo, X-Box, PlayStation, etc.
· Audio/Video components: Satellite receivers, CD players, VCRs, DVD players, Cable boxes, Tape Decks, TIVOs, AV Receivers.
· Surge-protection power strips, UPS's, and Power Conditioners.